If you’re like many people, you’ve probably spent countless hours binge-watching your favorite shows on Netflix. From dramas to comedies, there’s no shortage of options on this popular streaming platform. But have you ever stopped to consider just how much you really know about the shows you’ve been watching? That’s where this blog post comes in. We’ve put together a list of some of the best Netflix shows trivia questions that will test even the most dedicated binge-watchers out there. Whether you’re a fan of Stranger Things or a lover of Orange is the New Black, we’ve got questions that will put your knowledge to the test. So, are you ready to find out just how much you really know about your favorite Netflix shows? Let’s dive in and put your binge knowledge to the test with our best Netflix shows trivia quiz!
The Importance of Knowing Your Netflix Trivia
While it may seem like knowing your Netflix trivia is just a fun way to impress your friends and family, there are actually some real benefits to watching TV shows and movies with a critical eye. For one, paying attention to the details of a show or movie can help you better understand and appreciate the storyline and characters. It can also help you identify and analyze themes, motifs, and symbolism that you may have otherwise missed. In addition, being knowledgeable about popular shows and movies can be a great conversation starter and can help you connect with others who share your interests. It can also help you stay up to date on pop culture trends and be more culturally aware. So, next time you settle in for a Netflix binge session, consider paying closer attention to the details and trivia of the shows and movies you watch. You might just be surprised at what you discover!
Ready for the Challenge? Try Our Netflix Shows Trivia Quiz Now!
You’ll see a list of questions below, and each question is presented as a clickable button. Take your best guess, and then click on the question box to reveal the answer along with some related information. Keep clicking on each question to reveal the answers one by one and have fun while you test your knowledge! Enjoy your quiz and have a wonderful time!
1. What Netflix show follows a dysfunctional family of superhero siblings?
The Umbrella Academy
The Umbrella Academy is a popular superhero series based on a comic book of the same name. It follows seven siblings with extraordinary abilities who must save the world from an impending apocalypse.
2. What is the name of Ricky Gervais last stand-up special on Netflix?
SuperNature is a stand-up comedy special by British comedian Ricky Gervais. It was released on Netflix in 2020 and features Gervais’ trademark humor on topics such as evolution, animal rights, and social media.
3. What is the name of the drama featuring a mysterious woman who brings chaos?
The Stranger is a mystery-thriller series, based on the novel of the same name by Harlan Coben, which premiered on Netflix in January 2020. The plot follows the character of ‘the stranger,’ who reveals shocking secrets to various people, leading to a chain of events.
4. What is the name of the fictional town where Stranger Things is set?
Hawkins is a fictional town in Indiana where the events of Stranger Things take place. It is inspired by real-life towns such as Montauk, New York, and Longmont, Colorado.
5. What is the name of the Netflix TV show that features popular characters like Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin?
The show, which aired in March 2020, became a cultural phenomenon and has been described as a ‘trainwreck’ by some critics.
6. What is Jughead Jones’ real full name in Riverdale?
Forsythe Pendleton Jones III
Jughead Jones is a character in the Archie Comics universe and a central character in the television series Riverdale, where he is portrayed by actor Cole Sprouse.
7. What Netflix show chronicles the rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes?
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
The documentary, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2019, examines the downfall of Theranos, a health technology company founded by Elizabeth Holmes.
8. What international Netflix hit show follows a group of individuals led by a mastermind to pull off the biggest heist in history?
The Spanish show, originally titled ‘La Casa de Papel’ has become one of Netflix’s most-watched non-English language series.
9. Season one of You sees Joe Goldberg meet Guinevere Beck at his place of work, but what job does he do?
You is a psychological thriller television series that follows the life of Joe Goldberg, a bookstore manager who becomes obsessed with an aspiring writer named Guinevere Beck.
10. Carlton, Jessica, and Kelly are contestants in the first season of which Netflix reality series?
Love Is Blind
Love Is Blind is a dating reality show where singles try to form connections without seeing each other, and then decide whether to get engaged and ultimately married.
11. What Netflix dating show hides individuals' appearances with animal suits?
The show features contestants going on blind dates while dressed in elaborate animal costumes, designed to obscure their looks and focus on their personalities.
12. What Netflix show about chess ranks among Quentin Tarantino's favorite shows on the platform?
The Queen's Gambit
The show is a miniseries set in the Cold War era and follows the life of an orphaned chess prodigy, Beth Harmon, played by Anya Taylor-Joy.
13. What piece of media is considered as the definitive ending of the Breaking Bad Universe?
El Camino is a film sequel to the hit TV series Breaking Bad. It follows the story of Jesse Pinkman after the events of the show’s finale and is considered the definitive ending of the Breaking Bad Universe.
14. What is the name of the Netflix film about two police officers in a world where magic exists?
Bright is a 2017 American urban fantasy action film directed by David Ayer and written by Max Landis. The film is set in a world where humans and mythical creatures coexist, and follows two LAPD police officers, one of whom is played by Will Smith, who stumble upon a powerful magical artifact.
15. Who is revealed as Gossip Girl in the final season of the show?
Gossip Girl is an American teen drama television series that aired from 2007 to 2012. In the final season, it is revealed that Dan Humphrey, one of the show’s main characters, is Gossip Girl, the anonymous blogger who spreads rumors about the students of the Upper East Side.
16. In the Netflix hit movie 'Extraction', what character does Chris Hemsworth play?
The movie, which was released in 2020, follows a black market mercenary who is hired to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord.
17. What is the name of the interactive TV series on Netflix about a cat thief going against a dog security guard at a museum?
The show allows viewers to choose the path of the story by making choices for the main character, a cat burglar named ‘Kit’.
18. The Good Place is not a Netflix original, and as such, you cannot watch it on the platform, true or false?
The Good Place is not a Netflix original series, but it is available to watch on the platform. The show follows the story of a woman who finds herself in the afterlife and must navigate a complex system of morality and ethics.
19. What’s the name of the ‘virtual assistant’ who enforces the no-sex rules in Too Hot To Handle?
Too Hot to Handle is a dating reality show that puts a group of attractive singles in a luxury villa together, but with a twist: they can’t engage in any sexual activity, and the virtual assistant Lana monitors their behavior.
20. What original show on the Netflix streaming platform stars Jenna Ortega playing a role originally played by Christina Ricci?
Wednesday is an upcoming Netflix original series based on the Addams Family characters. It stars Jenna Ortega as Wednesday Addams and is a coming-of-age comedy series that follows the titular character’s adventures at Nevermore Academy.
21. Is Gossip Girl a Netflix original?
Gossip Girl is not a Netflix original series. It originally aired on the CW network from 2007 to 2012 and was later added to the Netflix library.
22. Casa de Papel is the original Spanish title of which hit Netflix series?
Money Heist is a Spanish crime drama series, originally titled La Casa de Papel in Spanish. The show has become an international phenomenon since its release on Netflix.
23. What is the surname of the family in the Netflix series, Ozark?
Ozark is an American crime drama streaming television series that premiered on Netflix in 2017. The show follows the Byrde family, led by Jason Bateman’s character Marty, who moves to the Ozarks to launder money for a Mexican drug cartel.
24. What is the name of the Netflix TV show featuring the character Marty Byrde?
The show, which premiered in 2017, follows a financial planner who relocates his family to the Ozarks in order to launder money for a Mexican drug cartel.
25. What is the name of Jesse's girlfriend who dies in Breaking Bad?
Jane Margolis is a character in the television series Breaking Bad, played by Krysten Ritter. She is Jesse Pinkman’s girlfriend and a recovering drug addict who tragically dies from a drug overdose.
26. What Netflix series takes place in the Midwest and follows a group of teens investigating supernatural phenomena?
The show is set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana in the 1980s and has been praised for its nostalgic tone and references to 80s pop culture.
27. Which Netflix show features the Miley Cyrus hit song 'On A Roll'?
‘On A Roll’ was featured in the episode ‘Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too’ in season 5 of the anthology series.
28. What is the name of the school in Sex Education?
Sex Education is a British comedy-drama series that follows the life of Otis, a socially awkward teenager who teams up with Maeve to set up an underground sex therapy clinic at Moordale High.
29. Who plays Pablo Escobar in Narcos?
Wagner Moura is a Brazilian actor who portrays the infamous drug lord Pablo Escobar in the first two seasons of the Netflix series Narcos.
30. What TV show on Netflix follows a diverse group of teens exploring their sexuality in an English high school?
The show has been praised for its frank and honest portrayal of teenage sexuality and has tackled topics such as abortion, sexual harassment, and consent.
31. What is the title of the Netflix movie about a 6'1' high schooler's love triangle?
Tall Girl is a romantic comedy movie directed by Nzingha Stewart, released on Netflix in 2019. The film follows the story of a 16-year-old girl named Jodi who struggles to find love due to her height.
32. Which character from The Crown has been portrayed by Claire Foy and Olivia Colman?
The character of Queen Elizabeth II is played by both Claire Foy and Olivia Colman in different seasons of The Crown. Claire Foy played the character in the first two seasons, while Olivia Colman portrayed her in the third and fourth seasons.
33. What was the first ever Netflix original TV show?
House of Cards
House of Cards was released in 2013, starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. The show was based on a British TV series of the same name and gained critical acclaim for its acting, writing, and production.
34. What is the name of the documentary, briefly available on Netflix, that was about the processing power of a bird's brain?
Nova: Bird Brain
The documentary explores the intelligence of birds and their ability to perform complex tasks and solve problems. It features interviews with experts in the field and showcases experiments conducted with various bird species.
35. What Netflix comedy mystery stars Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in lead roles?
The movie is a comedy-mystery that follows a couple who are framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire during a European vacation.
36. Which Netflix drama stars Henry Cavill as Geralt Of Rivia, a superhero monster hunter?
The Witcher is a fantasy drama television series created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich. It is based on the book series of the same name by Andrzej Sapkowski. The show follows the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, a witcher (a monster hunter for hire), played by Henry Cavill.
37. Who plays the voice of Gossip Girl on the television show?
Kristen Bell is an American actress who provides the voice of Gossip Girl, an anonymous blogger who documents the lives of privileged teenagers in the television series of the same name.
38. What was the name of the 2019 murder mystery comedy film starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler?
Murder Mystery is a comedy film directed by Kyle Newacheck and written by James Vanderbilt. The movie stars Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler as a couple who get framed for the murder of a billionaire during a European vacation.
39. What is the title of the game show episode of Black Mirror starring Daniel Kaluuya?
Fifteen Million Merits
The episode is a dystopian story set in a world where people earn merits by cycling to power their surroundings and can use them to participate in a talent show, similar to ‘American Idol.’
40. Hosted by Alexa Chung and Tan France, which reality show looks to find the next big designer?
Next in Fashion
Next in Fashion is a fashion design competition series on Netflix where contestants compete for a $250,000 prize and the opportunity to debut their collection with luxury fashion retailer Net-a-Porter.
41. What is a Netflix movie starring Adam Sandler as a basketball coach went viral on social media?
Hustle is a comedy-drama film released on Netflix in 2021. It stars Adam Sandler as a basketball coach who discovers a talented player while working as a janitor and decides to train him for the NBA.
42. What is the name of Tony’s dog in After Life?
After Life is a comedy-drama series created by Ricky Gervais. Brandy is Tony’s dog, who he uses as an emotional crutch after the death of his wife.
43. What is the last name of the family featured in Umbrella Academy?
The show is based on a comic book series created by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá and follows the lives of seven superpowered individuals adopted by Sir Reginald Hargreeves.
44. What Netflix sitcom follows the adventures of a woman experiencing a normal life for the first time after leaving a cult?
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
The show stars Ellie Kemper as Kimmy, who moves to New York City after being rescued from an underground bunker where she and three other women were held captive for 15 years.
45. What is the name of the creator of Black Mirror?
Charlie Brooker is a British television writer and producer who created Black Mirror, a science fiction anthology series that explores the darker side of technology and society.
46. What is the name of the Netflix TV show that follows the adventures of Uhtred?
The Last Kingdom
The show is set in England during the 9th and 10th centuries and follows the story of Uhtred, a Saxon nobleman who was raised by Danes.
47. What is the name of the law firm where Mike Ross works in Suits?
Pearson Hardman is a fictional law firm in the American legal drama television series, Suits. Mike Ross, the main character, gets his first job as a law associate at the firm, after faking his Harvard Law School degree.
48. Which word puzzle gameshow, originating in the late 80s, premiered on NBC and then CBS before heading to Netflix?
Wheel of Fortune
The show features contestants solving word puzzles, with the winner receiving cash and prizes. The show is currently hosted by Pat Sajak and Vanna White.
49. What’s the name of Carole Baskin's dead husband?
Don Lewis was the second husband of Carole Baskin, a big cat enthusiast featured in the hit documentary series Tiger King. Lewis disappeared under mysterious circumstances in 1997 and was declared legally dead in 2002.
50. In what Netflix TV show is Pablo Escobar the main character of the first season?
The show, which is a crime drama based on the life of Pablo Escobar, has been praised for its acting, cinematography, and storytelling.
51. Vin Rubino of Sunday Sauce Productions, who is now a Netflix executive, was responsible for producing which hit trivia game show that gave out cash prizes?
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
The show first aired in 1998 and has since become a global phenomenon with localized versions airing in over 160 countries.
52. What was the first interactive content from Netflix’s new Black Mirror episodes?
Bandersnatch was released in 2018 as part of the Black Mirror series. It was the first interactive movie on Netflix, allowing viewers to make choices that affect the outcome of the story.
53. What Netflix pop culture phenomenon follows the adventures of inmates in a women’s prison?
Orange Is the New Black
Orange Is the New Black is a dramedy series that premiered in 2013. It follows the lives of female inmates in a minimum-security prison and was based on a memoir by Piper Kerman.